On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Jonathan Gray <j...@jsg.id.au> wrote:
>> "Intel 6 Series RAID" rev 0x05 at pci0 dev 31 function 2 not configured
>
> More likely you need to change this from RAID to AHCI mode in the bios.
>
> The kernel doesn't know about vendor metadata written by bios/vendor
> tools for software raid, and purposefully does not match Intel
> controllers in "RAID" mode.

And once you change from RAID to AHCI please report if the noise
generated by this box increase or not. This box was known (at least in
the past) for a flaw in management firmware where if you switch to
AHCI then fans increase their speed to ridiculous rpms making the box
really noisy. I'm interested in purchasing this little box myself but
this always put me off and I've not seen much of those bug-reports
recently so perhaps HP already solved the issue? Thanks! Karel