On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 7:53 PM, Peter N. M. Hansteen <pe...@bsdly.net> wrote:
> Most likely I'll give it more modern storage options (new or almost new,
> not from the pile of reused ones) before I put it to its intended use,
> and I suspect the newer units (SSD and low energy disks) will
> run a bit cooler and more silent still.

IIRC the issue was caused by the fact that sensors/fan speed chip is
not able to grab temperature from drives when controller is running in
AHCI mode so putting cooler drives will not help if bug is still
there. But as I wrote this may be well fixed for months already so I'm
curious how the box behaves also with OpenBSD. Thanks!