I think it absolutely is a language issue:

> On policy page it clearly says: "OpenBSD strives to provide code that can
be freely used, copied, modified, and distributed by anyone and for any
purpose."

Operative word being **strives** - might want to look it up.

It does not say 'guaranteed', 'only', nor 'strictly' - It says they make a good
effort to provide such, and they certainly do - particularly compared to the
rest of the OS landscape.