On Sun, Jan 08, 2017 at 12:02:21AM +0100, Martin Hanson wrote:
> On policy page it clearly says: "OpenBSD strives to provide code that can
> be freely used, copied, modified, and distributed by anyone and for any
> purpose."
>
> This is MISGUIDING!

Where is this secret firmware code which was developed by the OpenBSD project?
I only see secret firmware code developed by hardware vendors.

The above policy applies to the base system code.
It does not apply to ports and packages of third party software, i.e. anything
listed by pkg_info.

Take this discussion to the hardware vendors. Venting on this list as you did
does not help anyone and actually makes things worse for the entire free
software community because it creates a toxic environment.