Am 03/07/17 um 22:50 schrieb Damian McGuckin:
> On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, Ingo Schwarze wrote:
>
>> Regarding your task at hand:
>>
>> If you want to run MS Word, your best bet is running MS Windows.
>> If you want to run binary-only Linux software, your best bet is
>> running Linux.  Ideally, on dedicated hardware that is not
>> connected to the Internet.
>
> We use OpenBSD for crucial server infrastructure, Linux for some
> end-user applications, and have a Windows Machine to which anyone can
> connect with an RDP client like 'rdesktop'. We use Windows Terminal
> Server if lots of people need a Windows system.
>
> Regards - Damian
>
> Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
> Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted
> here
> Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present
> employer

Hi Damian,

at home this is the way I go, too. But I have to travel to my client's
place (by train!) and when working in the evening in the hotel room like
tonight (as I have to leave the office building by 8 pm at the latest)
it is somewhat inconvenient to take a second laptop with me.

Yes - I will (again) contact SoftMaker trying to persuade them to
provide an OpenBSD-version of their office suite. But they seem to have
none with some decent Unix/OpenBSD-knowledge, just Linux. Sigh...

Best,
STEFAN