On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 09:52:39 +1100 (AEDT)
Damian McGuckin <dami...@esi.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Mar 2017, Stefan Wollny wrote:
>
> > Yes - I will (again) contact SoftMaker trying to persuade them to
> > provide an OpenBSD-version of their office suite. But they seem to
> > have none with some decent Unix/OpenBSD-knowledge, just Linux.
> > Sigh...
>
> I would buy SoftMaker on OpenBSD.

If SoftMaker only supplies binaries, they probably won't bother with
OpenBSD because with every release of OpenBSD, there has been a
compatibility break, and applications that work on OpenBSD 5.9 will not
work on OpenBSD 6.0.

OpenBSD is fine for open-source software where you can just recompile
the binaries for the new OpenBSD release, is no good for binary-only
software.