On 2017-03-07, Stefan Wollny <stefan.wol...@web.de> wrote:
> at home this is the way I go, too. But I have to travel to my client's
> place (by train!) and when working in the evening in the hotel room like
> tonight (as I have to leave the office building by 8 pm at the latest)
> it is somewhat inconvenient to take a second laptop with me.

Is qemu any good for this or is it too slow?

Otherwise the easiest way at present is probably to dual-boot or boot
Linux from a USB stick, or run it on a remote system.

Additionally, while the answer to "is there any chance...." is no, the
answer to "any chance 32-bit Linux binaries will run on OpenBSD/amd64"
would be "hell no".

> Yes - I will (again) contact SoftMaker trying to persuade them to
> provide an OpenBSD-version of their office suite. But they seem to have
> none with some decent Unix/OpenBSD-knowledge, just Linux. Sigh...

They'll need a new binary for every OS uodate, and a different one for
32/64 bit. While I'd love to see it (I paid for softmaker office and prefer
it over libreoffice or MSWord), I think this is unrealistic.