> > Correct that it's not designed for that. But we looked into this a lot
> > when introducing srand_determinstic(3).
>
> Are there any applications out there that explicitly require the PRNG
> to be deterministic? It doesn't make sense to have that kind of thing
> there for minute corner cases, such as if someone decides it's a
> brilliant idea to use the contents of a deterministic PRNG as a hash.

It's really unfortunate that we aren't running an open source project
and making available all the source for the tool called grep.

So that it can be studied, rather than questioned by an idiot
uninterested in the exercise of selflearning.

Maybe those source files even have commit logs - even better PUBLIC
COMMIT LOGS - which might explain the rationale!  No, that's unlikely.

So let's just yak about it, right?

Rest of your email deleted because what's the point