Oh. Yeah if there's no performance penalty on such a solution then great. Could someone confirm that?

So this works for cabled ethernet, where NIC promiscuous mode due to the bridge won't hurt.

Also it wouldn't work for wireless interfaces. Also to be robust it presumes that NIC unplug implies automatic immediate detachment of the unplugged interface from the bridge, so that a newly plugged/replugged NIC not under any circumstance will be made by the kernel to automatically participate in any bridge.

On 2017-06-02 02:41, Joel Wirāmu Pauling wrote:
I don't know the bridge code in OpenBSD as well as I know it in Linux -
basic bridges don't add any appreciable overhead on that platform until you
start mucking around with bridge specific things.

It just means you maintain an arp table distinct from each sub-interface.

tl;dr - it's not going to hurt your performance.