Context:

A windows 10 pro client connects to openbsd nfs shared folder using username
and password on the openbsd system.

/etc/exports contains
/exports/Shared -mapall=nobody:shared [client-ip]

permissions:
drwxr-xr-x root wheel exports/
drwxrwxr-x nobody staff exports/Shared/

user is a member of group "staff"

Note:

If I remove the above mapall,
when the user creates a new file, its uid is 4294967294.

Problem 1:
When the user creates a new text file (.txt), its permissions are automatically
set to -rwxr-xr-x nobody:staff. The execute permission on non-executable files
is a windows umask problem that I have never managed to fix.

Problem 2:
The user can delete a file I created myself with the following permissions:

-rw-r--r-- root:staff. test.txt

Problem 3:
The user can create and delete a dummy test file, but cannot edit the same:
windows says the file is read only! The unix permissions are -rwxr-xr-x
nobody:staff, the windows 10 nfs attributes are the same, but the windows
general attributes for the same file say the file is read only.

I am going nuts...

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile