Fri, 23 Jun 2017 15:58:53 +0000 Mike Coddington <m...@coddington.us>
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 02:14:26PM +0200, Krzysztof Strzeszewski wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > how to bay good GPU card pcie for desktop OpenBSD with hardware
> > acceleration?
> >
> > Krzych
>
> In addition to the useful advice that Elke gave, I'll recommend this:
> Radeon HD 6450
>
> I just bought one of these this week to finish building an OpenBSD
> desktop. It's ~$40, fanless, and works great on OpenBSD. My goal was to
> keep the entire computer under $100, so your mileage may vary. I will
> say that this specific card works great.

Hi Krzych, Mike,

I too can recommend Radeon HD 6450, as a successor to HD 5450 in the 20W
(less heat) passive cooler (fanless), single slot optionally low profile
cards, especially from a Radeon only maker like Sapphire.  I have a 5450
well working out of the box with acceleration, driving two monitors over
dual-link DVI cable for 2560x1440 plus VGA cable for 1280x1024 together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_5000_Series#Radeon_HD_5400
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radeon_HD_6000_Series#Radeon_HD_6400

Just remember to check your monitor inputs for card compatibility first.
You can still find 6450 brand new on the market, it works just the same.
The cards are good enough for showing multiple screen videos on OpenBSD.
You need to evacuate heat from the card, add-on case fan is recommended.

Kind regards,
Anton Lazarov