> I'm our maintainer of the Lumina port.  Let me chat with my friends
> upstream and see if we can't come up with a better solution for this.
> As a quick thought, allowing users in a particular group (perhaps
> :wheel?) to run shutdown(8) without a password prompt using doas seems
> like a starting point.  Thoughts on that if I push that direction?

Whatever anyone wants to do to de-secure their own machine, but this
type of thing should NEVER be default configuration applied by a
package.

I think the entire approach is dumb.

It's like adding a "shutdown" built-in to ksh.  Obviously when I'm in
ksh, I want to be able to Shutdown my machine.  Why has this feature
been withheld from me for so long??