On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 10:12:05PM +0200, Ulf Brosziewski wrote:
> I have the impression that multi-finger clicks are popular
> among Mac users, is it correct?  However, if the new driver
> works it should offer software button areas at the bottom
> edge of the touchpad, as elsewhere.  Are they missing?
> Are they too small?  Or is it "simply" not your habit? Anyway,
> there must be some bug or misconfiguration, the "tp" fields
> are missing in the wsconsctl output:

You are correct. Having used Macs for years and years, I am very
accustomed to multi-finger clicks and they are my "habit" now. I was not
aware of the software button areas. If I hold down a click in the middle
of the touchpad but at the bottom edge for about one second or a little
more, when I release that click, I get a button2 which allows paste.
That works well enough. I have not yet figured out how to get button3
except for Ctrl click.

> > # wsconsctl | grep mouse
> > mouse.type=usb
> > mouse.rawmode=1
> > mouse.scale=0,0,0,0,0,0,0
> > mouse1.type=elantech
> > mouse1.rawmode=0
> > mouse1.scale=-4620,5140,-150,6600,0,0,0
> >

> Would you mind to report the output of the following command?
>     # wsconsctl mouse1.tp.param=64,65

Here is the output:

mouse1.tp.param -> 64:1,65:1

> And special thanks again for all your work,

Thank you for your development. I am very excited to see these changes
in OpenBSD.

Bryan