> Perhaps I'm mistaken, but it doesn't seem like there's a facility for
> automatically restarting daemons after a crash or similar. Is the idea
> just that daemons should be designed to not crash?

Yes.  Fail closed.  It is the only secure thing to do.

> I'm familiar with 3rd party tools like daemontools and such that
> provide these facilities, but I can't find anything on this for native
> OBSD services.

You can build anything yourself, but we're not going to provide such
a mechanism.

If software has a bug, you want to fix it.  You don't want to keep
running it.

Yes, I get it many people are addicted to the service industry model
of running crap and getting the job done.  Lots of stories in the news
about that all the time...