Rupert Gallagher [r...@protonmail.com] wrote:
> Out of curiosity, I just tested an apu2c4 server with obsd 6.1, against a
> windows 10 client on LAN with a 1Gbit CISCO switch in between and 9K MTU on
> both sides, using iperf3 -P10. The result is a spectacular 950Mbits/sec.

This is not a regression. The APU2 has limited CPU power and can handle larger
packets much better than typically internet-routable 1500 byte packets. The
same traffic level, with 1500 byte packets generates 6 times more packets per
second than that traffic level with 9000 bytes packets. There is ongoing work
to improve the network stack performance on boxes like the APU2 (which have 4
cores). You will see improvements. If you want it better today, you need a
faster box.

Chris