Hi,

Dumitru Mișu Moldovan wrote on Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 09:42:57AM +0200:
> La 13.12.2017 23:36, Niels Kobschaetzki a scris:

>> On Linux the man page for bash opens,

> Not necessarily true, on my Hardened Gentoo this is the first page of
> what I get for "man cd" (sorry for the wrapping):
>
> CD(1P)              POSIX Programmer's Manual               CD(1P)
>
> PROLOG
>        This  manual  page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual.

That has little to do with the operating system or even with the
specific implementation of man(1) that is in use, but more with how
man(1) is (mis)configured.  You can get the same on OpenBSD if you
really want to:

  schwarze@isnote $ doas pkg_add man-pages-posix-2013a
  schwarze@isnote $ export MANPATH=/usr/local/share/doc/posix/man:
  schwarze@isnote $ man cd
  CD(1)               POSIX Programmer's Manual              CD(1)
  PROLOG
       This manual page is part of the POSIX Programmer's Manual.
  [...]

Needless to say, while installing POSIX manuals may be useful if you
sometimes need to check the standard, adding them to the MANPATH is
a bad idea on any operating system because POSIX manuals are very hard
to read and are likely to mismatch the actual implementation of your
operating system.  Instead, you want to do something like

  $ alias manp='man -M /usr/local/share/doc/posix/man'
  $ manp cd

if you need POSIX manuals frequently.

Yours,
  Ingo