Hello all,

in the past I used RCS on all machines for keeping configfiles in /home
or /etc or whatever.
Nearly everytime when I move to another machine I think that it would
be cool to have all of these repoistories centralized on a server.
So I thought I should convert all of these RCS to CVS.

Most of my  non-production machines are on *BSD, Debian or other OS and
when I want to install CVS everyone is screaming: "Don´t use it..."

When I ask on internet for ideas how to keep configfiles under revision
control also everyone screams: "don´t use CVS..." and instead of
talking about concepts (symlinks, woring dir,...) most people give
ready-made solutions with git or whatever is their preferred
software.

I can´t understand why I "shouldn´t use cvs". Because it is old?
Hmmm... Latex is old, vi is old, rcs is old... all of them are useful
and I love to use them

Although I know that my question is not 100% OpenBSD related, I would
ask here for concepts/ideas how to  keep configfiles under revision
control, because I know that there are many experienced admins on this
list.