On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 12:51:46PM +0100, Marc Espie wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:14:51PM +0000, Zsolt Kantor wrote:
> > What exactly does the pkg_check -F option?  If I use it, it does some
> > filesystem check, and some "Locating unknown files".
> >
> > At the end I get: "Locating unknown files: ok", "Locating unknown
> > directories: ok", and a long list of "not found" directories and files,
> > like below.
> > Not found:
> >         /boot
> >         /bsd
> >         /bsd.rd
> >         /bsd.sp
> >         /bsd.syspatch61
> >         /etc/X11/xenodm/authdir
> > . . . .
>
> Those are objects that are expected on a normal system, but that are not
> there, see the locate(8) dbs under /usr/lib/locate/src.db and
> /usr/X11R6/lib/locate/xorg.db
>
> Not having /bsd and /bsd.rd   seems really strange.

hum ? for me, it is the opposite.

pkg_check looks at {src,xorg}.db and PKG_DB for the list of expected
files. But these files aren't in these lists, so it reports them as "not
found" in the list of expected files.

For /bsd{,.rd} it is normal: the files don't come with usual sets but
are copied "as it".

--
Sebastien Marie