On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 06:56:17PM +0000, Zsolt Kantor wrote:
> Another question.
> pkg_check -F uses pkg_locate script to locate package files, directories.
> pkg_locate uses locate to do that.
> Question: If I use pkg_locate bsd.rd nothing is returned, but if I use locate
> bsd.rd the ramdisk kernel is returned. Why? Is pkg_locate not working
> correctly? Or I'm missing something?

pkg_locate uses a database populated with all files from ports
(installed packages or not).

locate uses a database populated with updatedb, and it contains only
files installed on filesystem (it is updated weekly).

so pkg_locate bsd.rd searchs if a file "bsd.rd" exists in some port
(installed or not); whereas locate bsd.rd searchs if a file "bsd.rd"
exists in current filesystem.

--
Sebastien Marie