On 1 feb 2006, at 08.38, Jurjen Oskam wrote:

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 01:19:58AM -0500, Peter wrote:

raid0: Device already configured!
"ioctl (RAIDFRAME_CONFIGURE) failed"

Can anyone lend a hand in this important matter?

Let me guess (since you didn't post any configuration): you
enabled RAID-autoconfiguration by the kernel *and* you
configure the same RAID-device during the boot sequence using
raidctl?

/etc/rc includes commands to configure the raid devices, and if they've been setup to use autoconfiguration then this is indeed what happens. Expected and nothing to worry about, although noisy. For my raidframe devices, I just removed the autoconfigure flag.

/H