Hi Paul,

On 2018-03-18 15:55:34 +0100 Paul de Weerd <we...@weirdnet.nl> wrote:

I recently started to resurrect my old Alpha (Digital PWS 600au).  It
was spewing a garbled mess on serial console, so I had to find a PCI
video card to install in it first.  Then a PS/2 keyboard.  Then it
turned out to have reverted to the PWS 600a (AlphaBIOS, supposed to
run Windows NT).  This was due to a dead battery (no wonder, the
machine was in my storage for ~13 years).  However, with the battery
replaced, it booted fine into the OpenBSD 3.7 install that was still
on there.

compliments! I must admit the coolness factor!

I'm envious you can OpenBSD your alpha, while I am always been a SPARC (32) fan and now I have many machines but the only current OS is NetBSD!

I hope it will prove stable!

Riccardo