On Sun, Apr 22, 2018 at 08:32, Otto Moerbeek <o...@drijf.net> wrote:

> We have gone through this before. Some packages need some libraries that are
> distributed as part of the base X install. There is no harm in that. You do
> not need to install the server part of X of that makes you feel better. -Otto

Bloatware is a luxury I cannot afford on embedded systems with limited
resources where every KB and CPU cycle is accounted for. I would rather submit
my recipe for a proper samba source configuration and have the maintainer do
the compiling of a flavored version, but I already had negative feedback. The
maintainer is dogmatic on having an obese package instead of a lean one that
delivers the same functionality without the extra fat.