On Thursday 02 February 2006 15:54, Darrin Chandler wrote:
> Kenny Mann wrote:
> > I'm looking for something that which I can slap OpenBSD 3.8 on and use
> > it as a router.
> > This will be used for a house (~ 4 people) and I'm looking for
>
> You could look at www.soekris.com. They're underpowered, but it should
> be able to handle home router/firewall duties.

Underpowered?  I think that is a really relative term.  Underpowered for
datamining a 1 TB database?  Yeah it probably is, however from my experience
I could saturate a 1.5 Mb SDSL or T-1 link using an IPSEC VPN on between a
Soekris 4501 and a 1GHz Dell POS.  If all you are looking to do is run a
firewall for a DSL/Cable connection at home, the 4501 is likely overpowered.

Tim Donahue