On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 10:19:47PM +0200, Gilles Chehade wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 06:13:23PM -0700, Paul B. Henson wrote:
> > So I recently converted my opensmtpd server to use ldap as the backend
> > for user authentication. It seems it's a bit untolerant to ldap issues?
> >
> > [...]

Just to clarify, the "extras" are add-ons which we believe not to belong
in the smtpd code base, so the amount of efforts we pour on them is very
dependant on the interest of developers and the interest the community's
showing for the add-on, it's a community and volunteer driven effort.

None of the add-ons are part of the opensmtpd roadmap, some became quite
popular like table-sqlite or table-passwd and are well maintained, other
have very few users who aren't pushing much for improvement, so the code
doesn't evolve much and/or we are not aware of shortcomings.

If you want proper ldap support, become active and it will happen :-)x

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg