Hi Reyk,

no it is not about chroot-ing switchd.
What i have in mind is a kind of poor-mans kubernetes or docker-swarm which
makes use of chroot(8), login.conf(5) and mount_vnd(8) to isolate, limit
and encapsulate some processes.
I´ll call this the "chroot-jail" and thought it is common wording after
reading about this topic across the internet.
Like in this (kind of outdated) tutorial:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/karsten/entry/openbsd_chroot
The chroot-jail is basically a extracted base##.tgz plus dev, some users
and configs.
What I have in mind now with switchd is, to attach this chroot-jails the
same way like a virtual-machine.

But also not sure if this makes sense anyway.
It´s more I kind of learning project for myself to see how things work and
if they play nicely together.
And if this set-up works I´ld go on and use ansible to automate and to
"orchestrate" this parts.

Thomas

On 24 May 2018 at 00:35, Reyk Floeter <r...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> switchd is already privsep‘ed with a chroot jail.
>
> But I don’t quite understand what you mean.
>
> > Am 23.05.2018 um 10:35 schrieb Thomas Huber <miracu...@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I´m just tinkering a little bit and try to mimic some
"containerization" on