Hi Tom,

With the answers you already got, I think it's obvious that the
american continents were deprived of this fine technology .. their
envy is showing ;)  However, there's one possibility:

There used to be external ISDN "modems" (not really modulating or
demodulating anything, but that's what marketing people called them so
people would understand what these were in the same sense as regular
modems were).  These would simply connect to your serial port and
provide you with a dial up interface that you could use.  With some AT
commands, these could be made to connect to the internet (if I recall
correctly, they could even emulate a real 'modem' for old-fashioned
dial-up).

Eicon was the brand, DIVA the model of one particular example I've
actually had the "pleasure" of working with.  You can still find
references on the web.  The web 1.0, that is.

Now if you could get those to work using ppp, I have no clue.  But I
think it's your best bet if you want to use your ISDN connectivity on
OpenBSD in 2018 (which you don't).

Cheers,

Paul

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/