On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 11:00:26AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2018-08-26, Carlos López <carlopm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > On 26/08/2018 11:46, Joel Wirāmu Pauling wrote:
> >> netboot works fine. However almost all of the Arm platforms including
> >> the Rpi3 make terrible gateways and in general l3 packet path
> >> machines.
> >>
> >> I have a bunch of various SBC and they all suck pretty bad for network
> >> tasks. Fine for random server tasks but don't put them in your network
> >> path unless you like artificial bottlenecks.
> >>
> >> The Machiattobin and/or Espressobin platforms are probably the best
> >> for network appliance usage. I haven't got one to see if Openbsd works
> >> on them at all tho.
> >>

> > Uhmm ... Interesting point Joel ... Searching both SBC, maybe
> > Espressobin is best option than Machiattobin ...
> >
> > Has anyone tried any of them?
>
> The MACCHIATObin is listed on arm64.html as having some support, the
> ESPRESSObin isn't.

On the MacchiatoBin we don't support the onboard ethernet yet.  On the
EspressoBin we do support the ethernet controller, but the connected
switch is a mess that I don't dare to support.  Got other stuff to do.
Though I am working on partial EspressoBin support for the upcoming
Turris Mox.

That said, if 32-bit ARM is OK look at the Clearfog Base.  If you're
willing to spend a bit more, SolidRun has nice 64-bit machines.  But
on those we still need to write the ethernet driver.

Patrick