On 08/27/18 09:11, Jon Tabor wrote:
On Sun, Aug 26, 2018 at 01:33:27PM +0200, Mohamed Fouad wrote:
Hi Carlos, i have a similar requirement and i am considering testing a
banana pi router at this moment.

I'm currently using a Banana Pro as my home router/firewall.  I experienced a
bunch of packet loss on the internal port (dwge).  I'm currently
running both LAN and WAN interfaces via USB dongles (ure and axe
devices that I had around).

It does fine for my needs, but my pipe is only a 50Mbit up/down, which
it handles fine.

That said, I'm looking at alternatives, simply because I want the Banana
Pro back as a board to tinker with, rather than having it full-time as
necessary device.

You should seriously consider an Edgerouter Lite or Edgerouter4, they will handle your connection no problem. I run my home network (and various business/office connections) on Edgerouter Pro's and lites and they run with zero issues. The octeon cpu are in-order so there are no spectre/meltdown issues to worry about.