On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 09:13:20AM +0200, open...@kene.nu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Only relying on OSPF hellos effectively makes it mimic BGP with its
> keepalives. I will ponder the value of transporting the underlay in
> OSPF, effectively transporting loopback peering addresses for BGP in
> OSPF. I am not sure that it will make my life easier but will consider
> it.

OSPF is generally faster at converging after reroute and it is possible to
set the router-dead-time to minimal which will give you a 1 second
timeout. Also the default of 40sec is lower than the 90sec of BGP.
Additionally OSPF may give you multipath routes so the failover for BGP
may be not noticable. Also GRE has a way to emulate link state but to be
honest if I use OSPF on a GRE link I will not turn it on (unless
requested).

--
:wq Claudio