Hi list,
I'm thinking in installing some cameras in my private home, I have
been looking for solutions, my concern is that I wish to be able to
look the videos from outside the house and I'm a little paranoid about
the quality of the software that the different vendors use. I have
seen clusters of camaras that only work over ActiveX...
I know that is a little off-topic but maybe someone knows about a good
brand of cameras.
Of-course one can always set a VPN tunnel trough OpenBSD for the
security matter, OpenVPN works on Android so is easy to access from a
smartphone. But I would prefer to have a single secure service running
that adding a layer of complexity with the VPN.

I'm looking for:
- Not overpriced cameras.
- They don't need to be "external cameras", they will be covered under a roof.
- I need to set at least 4, so I need them to be accessible from a
single platform.
- Android / Browser friendly (not only IE plz...)
- WiFi is not needed, I have a 12v supply and Ethernet connections for
each camera.
- Good video quality but I'm not looking for anything super great...
- the ability to centralize recording and access to view the cameras is a must.

Again, sorry for the off-topic but were would I find a better place to
ask about surveillance and security ? :D

Cheers and happy new year.
Elias.