Thomas Frohwein - Sat, 06 April 2019 at 12:54:54
> I remember the following as the steps not mentioned in the FAQ that helped me
> get it to work. All with MBR and Windows 10.
>
> 1. Shrink the main partition in Windows disk manager and create a second
>    partition.

the FAQ cannot deal with every possible setup...
having a partition on the disk where you want to put openbsd is kind of
a basic requirement (just like having a computer), and how you get there
is case by case specific.

but why would you want to go back to MBR?
new notebooks with windows 10 come with GPT.

the only real PITA at the moment is that openbsd fdisk cannot add new
GPT partitions only edit existing ones.  many OEM windows notebooks
already come with 4-5 GPT partitions:

1. the 300MB EUFI
2. the 128MB MSR
3. the primary OS partition (normally C:)
4. WinRE (recovery tools)
5. BIOS_RVY (recovery image)
(my notebook even had a data (D:) between 4 and 5...)

so you need to have the partition destined for openbsd present,
then it's possible to edit it in fdisk.

-f