On Thu, 6 Jun 2019, Graeme Lee wrote:

I use Cyrus and Postgresql with smtpd.? Everything you need for virtual users is in table-sqlite(5), but you will

OpenBSD has its own ldap server (ldapd) and client (ldap). I wonder for
what, if it is integrated with something else in the system.

I am now struggling with sendmail, cyrus imap, sasl, openldap, and
unfortunately Debian. It is a pain for non experts like me. Cyrus
may run out of the box, but it is neither verbose in loging nor
has good documentation, so that any small problem commimg from small
changes become difficult to solve. The language of sasl documentation is
incoherent, to understand is work for philologists.  And
for ldap/openldap there is no concise explanation, to deal with
it is a big waste of time. The most simple thing to deal
with among them, in spite of its fame, seems to be sendmail: verbose logs,
a lot of documantation, and since it is so old, one finds
answers googling.

I can't speak for Dovecot.? But I use LMTP to deliver locally to the cyrus mailer.?

I wanted to deliver with LMTP only mail adressed to a subdomain,
and mail adressed to the normal domain with the local maler, to
read them with unix mail and not imap. With sendmail was
necessary to write cf code:

Mcyrusv2,       P=[IPC], F=lsDFMnqXzA@/:|m,
                S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP, E=\r\n,
                T=DNS/RFC822/SMTP,
                A=FILE /var/run/cyrus/socket/lmtp

As explained here:

https://www.cyrusimap.org/dev/imap/concepts/features/virtual-domains.html

Is it with OpenSMTP simpler? I hope I am soon able to try it.

Rodrigo