Daniel Jakots writes:

> You can automate installation with autoinstall(8). You can also
> automate upgrades with autoinstall(8)

This works like a charm.  On our load balancers we PXE install
with a local rc.firsttime that installs python.  After that we
do all the system, haproxy, nginx, &c management via ansible.

> and from 6.6 you'll be able to
> use sysupgrade(8) as well.

We are looking forward to that.  *However*, there is a lot to be
said for regularly re-installing your hosts from scratch.  This
ensures your installer scripts don't rot as host system "features"
accrete over time.  This is prone to happen when you Ansible- or
Puppet-manage servers.  Things get added, things get removed.  Often
you miss hidden dependencies that sneak in; you don't want to be
discovering those when you're trying to reinstall a production host
after a catastrophic failure.

--lyndon