Hi NilsOla,

NilsOla Nilsson wrote on Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 08:08:01AM +0200:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 07:51:33AM +0200, NilsOla Nilsson wrote:

>>> I just did
>>>   cd /usr/xenocara/app/xterm/
>>>   cvs up -dP
>>>   make clean
>>>   make obj
>>>   make
>>>   doas make install
>>> and now compose works again for me in xterm, too.
>>>
>>> I have no idea what was going on.  I often have patches lying around
>>> in my tree for diverse testing purposes, though i fail to remeber
>>> anything in particular in xterm(1) lately, and there are no patches
>>> there now.  Anyway, sorry for the noise.
>>>
>>> To the other poster who reported problems with compose in xterm:
>>> Can you try updating and recompiling xterm as shown above,
>>> and does that help for you, too?

>> It works for mee too.
>> So, the xterm distributed in current is not the same
>> as in the source tree? Just asking.

I don't know.  It sounds as if this aspect of xterm(1) was briefly
broken in at least one snapshot about three weeks ago.  But i don't
know why, i see no plausible reason.  Nothing was committed to xterm
for four months, and i don't recall hearing about uncommitted xterm
patches in snapshots either.

> It works also for one xterm that was started before the
> reinstall.

Now that's very weird.  It doesn't for me.  I still have some old
xterm binaries running, and compose still doesn't work in those,
in the way i described, while it does work in xterms that i start
now using the freshly recompiled /usr/X11R6/bin/xterm.

Yours,
  Ingo