Hi,

I found it, there exist glastree which is available from ports.

Nice small "poor man's" backup as the author qualifies,
though makes incremental backup through hard links:

        # if yesterday does not exist or today is newer, copy the file
        # else hard link the file to yesterday

        Ports: http://ports.su/sysutils/glastree
        Source: https://github.com/jeremywohl/glastree

You can simply run it from crontab and even setup a short time daily and long
time monthly
or what ever else suits best through running the utility with different
configurations from
multiple crontab lines (daily, monthly, etc ...)

        glastree-1.04p0 – poor man's daily snapshot

        The poor man's daily snapshot, glastree builds live backup trees, with
        branches for each day. Users directly browse the past to recover older
        documents or retrieve lost files. Hard links serve to compress out
        unchanged files, while modified ones are copied verbatim. A prune
        utility effects a constant, sliding window.

        Satoru Takabayashi has written a similar program, in Ruby, pdumpfs.

        Inspired by Plan9, of course.

Regards,
Jean-Francois