On 2020-03-11 19:20, Aaron Mason wrote:
On Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 6:47 PM Jordan Geoghegan <jor...@geoghegan.ca> wrote:

On 2020-03-11 00:13, Stuart Longland wrote:
On 15/2/20 6:43 pm, Dumitru Moldovan wrote:
[SNIP]
[SNIP]

Sometimes it's better to realise when something has past its prime.
A year or two ago I had OpenBSD working on my iBook with 64MB of RAM,
even got FVWM working on it. For fun and testing purposes, I ran some
small OpenBSD virtual machines with 64MB RAM as well. A few years back I
got OpenBSD to boot with 32MB, but it wasn't particularly usable. I've
found 128MB to be usable for basic terminal work, but you're definitely
correct about 256MB being the bare minimum for anything fancy or GUI
related.

At work I run OpenBSD 6.1 in a VM for Request Tracker.  It has 512MB
RAM and it seems that may very well be overkill.  At previous jobs I
can ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and even in Linux you needed 2GB
minimum just for it to get out of bed.  I plan on rebuilding it with
6.6 (can't update RT because packages are too old in 6.1) and might
run it on 256MB for shits and giggles.

I wouldn't get too excited about running on low memory machines. The more RAM you can throw at something, the better, as this allows more cache room as well as improving function of ASLR and other memory randomizations.