You can easily "write" one in Go with 9 lines of code.  And since Go
builds static binaries, you can chroot it for security.

I just did a quick test between httpd and a web server written in Go
and on a simple text file with 20,000 requests from 10 threads I saw a
2.3x improvement on a pair of tests.

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse