> What exactly does your budget mean? These are all free, open source
> operating system. You may sell both OpenBSD and any installations and
> consulting. That could improve your income for your budget.

I am in the process of trying to find a devops remote work, may be it will
improve my budget,
actually I am not familiar with current global market and my position in it and
not sure
if I have enough time to get a secure working place
before I will have to look for cheaper and less qualified job alternatives
not so sensitive to my working place security.

> Open source means that most developers work for free and fun or to
> obtain something they in particular want. Convince some developers to
> work on your own desires, whether with OpenBSD or elsewhere.

I am just trying to get a help at least with a simple question  if
Orange PI ONE (Cortex A7 free of Spectre issue) + Nitrokey Pro 2 + OpenBSD
 is enough for a secure SSH server and client end points,
still nobody told anything related to it.
Or may be anyone knows are there any better alternatives?

>> I guess it is a huge work to harden Linux installation to a level compared
>> to OpenBSD, there is some interesting work which is by Whonix but
>> unfortunately with systemd, and it seems someone from that community is
>> referring to isopenbsdsecu.re site, so it looks to me like a OpenBSD vs
>> Whonix dispute, excuse me if I am wrong.
>
> Linus actively discourages security work. OpenBSD is thrilled to
> actively work on security. A major compenent that brings security
> benefits is simple auditing of code, not for security but for
> correctness.
> If you are seeking perfect security, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!
> It is impossible. Not even agencies such as the NSA, etc have it.
> Remember Edward Snowden? All systems can be breached. Period.

Then how can I provide a good level of security for my remote client if
everything can be broken?
How much does it cost to break remotely into a SSH server running  OpenBSD on
Orange PI ONE
with SSH private keys stored in Nitrokey Pro 2?
If I connect to it from my home from a similar dedicated console (say
Cubietruck + Nitrokey Pro 2 + OpenBSD)
without any other spare software on that board? It will be dedicated only for
devops activity.
On both side of the channel would be a firewall which allows connection only
for specified IP addresses (me and the client).

Local physical perimeter is secured at least against external threats, I cannot
protect from a teleportation :)
But presumably it is not possible to reflash Orangle PI Boot ROM or Nitrokey
Pro 2 anyway
and I can periodically verify integrity of OpenBSD installation on the SD card.
Any other applications except SSH and ansible like browsers would be running
from another computers or cloud VM.

> My suggestion is to stop taking a confrontational attitude ( you may not
> even realize you are doing it) and try to take a congenial attitude. It
> will always produce more good results than confrontation.

Good point, I am just trying to, OpenBSD chat and community is very nice, it is
very interesting to talk to such high qualified persons,

Thank you