On 2020/06/11 05:04, man Chan wrote:
> What make it different ?
>
> 1) arch==> i386  limit to 4G (dmesg) and  spdmem show 8G , Bios show 8G
> 2) arch==> amd64 memory show correct figure 8G (dmeag, spdmem and bios)
>
> 1 & 2 use the same machine with different arch.
>

> So can I use the i5 core at i386 arch to use the correct size of memory
> (i.e 8G) and how to make it work .

You can't.

OpenBSD/i386 is a 32-bit OS. This requires addresses that fit in 32 bits,
that is the memory location is numbered 4294967295 (2^32) or lower.

You are already seeing all the memory that can work with the 32-bit kernel.

Why do you want to run i386 anyway? There are many downsides (less supported
memory, fewer CPU registers which means that many programs run slower, fewer
secury mitigations are available, more limited in terms of what software you
can run on it, etc).

To me, the only reason for running i386 on amd64-capable hardware is to compile
software on a fast new machine to run on other old machines that can't run a
64-bit OS..