On 6/11/2020 8:57 AM, man Chan wrote:
>  I just want to know why OpenBSD/i386 have the memory limit to 4G.

All operating systems have this limit.  The 80386 was released to the
public in 1986, when 4 GB was an absurd amount of memory.

> It is ok for me to run OpenBSD/amd64 on a i5 machine. Thanks

Yes.  Intel bet on Itanium/IA-64 for their 64-bit architecture.
Meanwhile, AMD designed their own 64-bit architecture that extended x86.
 Intel wound up licensing AMD's 64-bit architecture, which at the time
was called Intel 64 or EM64T.  Your i5 processor uses Intel 64, which is
compatible with amd64.