On 14 Jul 15:44, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2020-07-14, Christian Weisgerber <na...@mips.inka.de> wrote:
> > Old versions of libraries are innocuous.  They will simply be
> > ignored.
>
> Until you run out of disk space, which is fairly easy in /usr if you
> installed a couple of releases ago and took the auto disklabel defaults.

If that happens during upgrade I usually ^C; umount /mnt/usr/local; umount
/mnt/usr/X11R6; umount /mnt/usr; newfs what-dev-usr-is; mount what-dev-usr-is
/mnt/usr; mkdir /mnt/usr/{local,X11R6} and restart upgrade.

That happens more or less regularly on my APU but never had any problems with
that.

--

Uwe