On Tue, 20 Oct 2020, Aaron Mason wrote:

On Tue, Oct 20, 2020 at 12:29 PM Lee Nelson <lnel...@nelnet.org> wrote:

On Mon, 19 Oct 2020, Allan Streib wrote:

Lee Nelson <lnel...@nelnet.org> writes:

I had considered some late-running script that would query the MAC's of
each NIC and then configure them accordingly or rewrite the hostname.*
files and call netstart on them, but that just seems sloppy and
unreliable.

What about DHCP? It supports MAC-specific configurations.

Allan

Very good point, except in my case, this machine would be the dhcp server.

You could run scripts to set the IP address based on the MAC with this
in each hostname.axenN file:

!/path/to/script axeN

And then write that script to pick the IP address based on the MAC.

--
Aaron Mason - Programmer, open source addict
I've taken my software vows - for beta or for worse

Brilliant! That's the kind of thing I normally think of, but I hadn't yet. I wish I had thought of this before I ordered adapters using different drivers on impulse. Still, this is an idea I will probably use at some point. Thank you!