On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 at 10:55, Samarul Meu <samarul....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am a little puzzled that there is no failsafe mechanism for commands like
> bioctl or fdisk on the already mounted disk. For me the obvious think was
> that the system complains when trying bioctl -d sd0.

To be fair, bioctl talks to block I/O devices (i.e. nothing to do with
filesystems). So it is hardly surprising that this can happen
considering that fact. Do you want "rm -rf /" to hold your hand also?
You could also blow away a disk with "dd" if you're not careful -
should that try and preempt you from making a mistake?

I know that doesn't help you, but I can imagine that's the rationale.
If you want to shoot yourself in the foot, that's just fine.