Reuben ua Bríġ <u5644...@anu.edu.au> wrote:

> > I wonder why noone implimented such checks like that in the last 30
> > years. Might be because it breaks more than it fixes.
>
> i cant tell if you are being sarcastic or what it could possibly break
> or why that would matter when OpenBSD is happy to change even man.conf

I am not being sarcastic.

If your proposal is to error when the check fails, it will break
hundreds of user machines.

If your proposal is to emit a warning, it will emit multiple additional
lines of output at boot for correct existing configurations.

But you didn't implement a prototype, you didn't test it, yet you expect
to be taken seriously.

I cannot tell if that is laziness or if you are used to bossing people
around with hand-wavy ideas and expecting them to follow your wishes.

Get used to dissapointment.

You really don't seem to read.

Your comment about man.conf suggests we changed something which you hate
and you want to wield it against us.

Your approach is hostile.

I don't have time for you.