hi ingo, thanks for your reply.

> I can't talk about the internals of the mount(2) syscall,
> so i pass on that one to people who know better.

!!! i feel i should emphasize,
i am *not* presently suggesting any change to the mount(2) *system call*
i *am* suggesting a change to the mount(8) *command*

i would expect C programmers to know what they are doing, but not some
Charlie root who wants to make hotplugd(8) mount(8) an sd(4).

i feel i should also emphasize, i am new to this, and did not expect
anything out of it.  i use OpenBSD, and after learning that OpenSTMP
had used sytem(3) rather than execv(3) resulting in a bug reminiscent
of the morris-worm, i felt maybe it was within my grasp to help improve
OpenBSD, but obviously theo has other ideas.

keep up the good work,
reuben.