> And i am going to suggest you show a diff, and go through the process
> Ingo just described

as i said, i am new to this, and wanted to discuss something in words
before providing a C diff that would doubtless be rejected given that i
have only just begun to learn C.

i would have been happy to try to contribute a diff, but i felt it
better to first bring it up on misc seeing as i am new to OpenBSD and C
programming, and (a) my idea might be rejected; (b) my programming
skills might not be up to scratch and my patch therefore worthless.

my own solution was to use another shell program in the unix fashion,
but certainly i will try to diff the source, but it will take a while
given that it is new to me and no ones first priority.

> or alternative you realize you are lazy

... or a novice.

> not allowed to tell others what to do, and you can then shut up.

... or make suggestions...

> Really making friends.

i am not trying to make friends with someone who will insult me for
making a suggestion and giving my honest opinion.  i am trying to
learn programming and improve the system that runs all my machines.

and i didnt mean that facetiously.  it really was a bug that i would
have had not knowledge of were it not for the patch; it really did
remind me of the morris worm which i had just learnt about; and it
really did make me think i could do something to help with OpenBSD,
seeing as i was disgusted when i first came across system(3), and only
satisfied when i learnt about execv(3), which was the first system call
i used, and only a short while ago.

and even though i persist because i am more interested in BSD than theo,
you still have some paranoia that i have some agenda against you.