On Mon, Sep 20, 2021 at 02:56:31PM -0400, Andre Smagin wrote:
> Good day.
>
> I am looking for a hardware advice.
> I don't upgrade my desktop very often - last one was about ten
> years ago (AMD FX-8350 CPU), which I recently made my home server
> running -current, no issues. Now I am looking for a new desktop that
> will last another ten years, hence the question: if I buy the latest
> available AMD chipset (X570 I think) and Ryzen 9 CPU - are there any
> current issues with using it for OpenBSD desktop? I would like to
> overkill it with the choice of hardware now, so I don't have to worry
> about it for a while.
>
> I am ten years out of touch with hardware development progress, so will
> appreciate any input you may have.
>
> --
> Andre

You got me curious, so I went ahead and installed OpenBSD on the desktop
I rebuilt this year.
I've got a Ryzen R9 3900X with an MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK for the motherboard,
and an R9 380 for the graphics card.

Works totally fine from my initial impressions. Sound works, USB works,
plays full HD videos fine over DP, drives the 1440p display with no issues, etc.

The only thing "wrong" is that I don't think Audio-over-HDMI works.

Hope this might help a bit,
Danny