On 2006/03/12 14:01, Didier Wiroth wrote:
> Thanks for replying.
>
> > Please note that you would be the first person. None of us have the
> > C3200 yet.
> Yes, I know, I tried to find the c3000 or c3100 at a reasonable price here in
> europe
> but the c3000&c3100 are not available anymore.
> They are sold out on kd85.

Also out at figlabs and trisoft. pricejapan still list all the models.
Intriguingly they also say 'Europe Model Name : release-3/17/2006' for
the 3200 - could this be official European availability?

> What I found is that the c3200 has the exact same specifications
> as the c3100 (the one with a larger rom) and it also has a larger
> HD, 6gb. I was not able to find an article that mentionned any other
> differences.

The keys are different colour (seems insignificant but as an SL-C3100
owner I wish I'd got the 3000 instead as the keys would be easier to
read when it's dark).

More RAM would have been nice... maybe they're holding that back for
a SL-C3500 or something.

> > Those two are pretty unreasonable on the Zaurus. It isn't that fast,
> > and it is somewhat lacking in memory. There is some work on minimo,
> > but it isn't completely reliable yet.
> Ah, ok I didn't know minimo. Will have a look at it.

konq-e is lighter than minimo. dillo is lighter still. elinks is useful
for a surprising amount of websites though, and despite being a console
app it does support the mouse so there's an alternative to pressing down-
down-down-down-down through a long list of links. And very fast of
course.

For websites with heavier requirements I'd usually prefer to run Firefox
or Opera (ssh x-forwarding from a remote machine) but I rarely need this.
I find even konq-e a bit heavy for my liking (Dillo's pretty acceptable
but is less tolerant of broken websites). I'd feel a bit differently
if I only had GPRS though - I can often find 802.11 without too much
trouble. I find my CF wifi card indispeensable (and zhost USB cable
gets a lot of use).