On 2006/03/14 15:48, FTP wrote:
> If ISPs have a fixed pool of static IP addresses then what happens
> if we 'spend' all the existing ones and nothing is left for the
> newcomers?

ISPs should have enough address space for their customers and if they
need more they'll apply for more from an LIR/RIR.

> > If I get a static IP from my provider, is it possible to
> > 'multiple' this and create my own static IPs which are accessible
> > via the Internet?

Sounds like you want a provider that will allocate you more than a
single address. Depending on where you are, this may not be possible,
and if it's possible you might have to pay for a higher class of service.