Kalabic S. <kala...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have an OpenBSD VM running without issues as a guest with 'FreeBSD'
> option for years and serving as an Internet router for home
> network. IMO, it's pretty good chice.

I want to say more.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.  The difference between
7.1 and 7.2 and future, is that all the clock hardware and a pile of MSRs
are being inspected completely differently.  But half of those are emulated
by the VMs.  The way this works is that the VM's have always emulated a
pile of this stuff based upon "we know what guest is running".

So you are welcome to keep running old OpenBSD on your VMs without making
any changes.  But that does not let you participate in the conversation
about the new code.